Wee Little Lambs Day Care
“Loving care when you’re not there.”
Wee Little Lambs Day Care is located in a relaxed, country setting in the educational wing of the Mt. Holly Spring United Methodist Church.
We are committed to providing an attractive and stimulating environment where your child will be nurtured, educated, and where his or her individual needs are addressed under the loving guidance of a qualified teacher. Our group sizes are kept small in order that we might better serve your child and mike his or her experience away from home pleasant.
Our goal for each child: To develop a physically, socially, intellectually, emotionally, and spiritually sound child, reaching his or her full God-given potential.
Our mission statement:
We seek to provide loving, Christian care and high quality early childhood education for the children of working parents. We believe Jesus loves each child and has a plan for each life.
Our Curriculum and Program:
It has been said that “a child’s work is play!” Development of social skills and respect for others though play is a critical piece in building a strong and positive foundation for lifelong education. Having our students become well-rounded—socially and academically—and confident is a goal we value.
The Creative Curriculum links with the Pa. Early Learning Standards. This framework is developmentally appropriate and child-centered, upon which we add a Christian perspective to help children understand the great love of God.
Active play includes hands-on experiences that enrich children’s creativity, language, math, science, fine motor and social skills. Numerous opportunities to discover and explore, to problem-solve, to work out those large muscles, and to laugh and sing are offered daily.
Monthly themes and projects incorporate a variety of subjects relating to holidays, seasons, and environment. More complex skills and concepts are added as children’s abilities grow.
Classroom environments give structure and flexibility each child needs. Interest areas atimulate curiosity, allowing children to practice new skills and build upon them.
Wee Little Lambs Day Care Center opened on Nov. 4, 1994, as a special weekday children’s ministry of the Mt. Holly Springs United Methodist Church serving communities in the greater Mt. Holly Springs area.
- We are licensed by the Pa. Dept. of Public Welfare; and
- We participate in the Pennsylvania Keystone STAR program and have a STAR THREE designation!
The daycare wing is on the main level of the church facility. A safe, inviting, indoor environment, full-sized gym for active indoor play, and a wonderful outdoor play yard with plenty of green grass are maintained with the young child in mind!
The facility is fully air-conditioned in the warm summer months. The daycare provides air purifiers for each classroom to reduce the amount of pollen, virus and bacteria in the air.
Contact us to schedule your center visit!
202 W. Butler St.
Mt. Holly Springs, PA 17065
Phone: (717) 486-8728
Hours of Operation:
6:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (M-F)
7:15 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (Infant - M-F)
- Full- and part-time status;
- Infants: 6-weeks - 1-year
Wobbler: 1-2 years
Older Toddler: 2-3 years
Pre-K: 4-5 years
- Small group sizes;
- We use The Creative Curriculum, a developmentally appropriate program that promotes competence in social skills and skills in the Pennsylvania Early Learning Standards for Pre-K. Curriculum is presented with a Christian perspective;
- We use The Creative Curriculum Assessment System to determine child’s progress;
- Child-centered interest areas stimulate language, math, science, computer, social, dramatic and creative arts, and fine and gross motor skills;
- Stable, loving professionals who broaden their knowledge in early childhood education with on-going training;
- Infant-Child CPR for all staff;
- Family events and activites
- Safe facility and attractive country “campus.”
Wee Little Lambs Day Care Center admissions and services are made without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, sex, disability, age, or national origin, or those with LEP.